Energy efficiency is more than just a buzzword. It can save your business money and appeal to energy-conscious consumers. By investing in energy-efficient signs, you invest in a brighter future by minimizing your carbon footprint and reducing greenhouse gas emissions from power plants. LED signs offer attractive and energy-efficient signage that can help your business stand out. But how do you know if energy-efficient signs are right for you? Here’s how to decide.
Benefits of Energy-Efficient Signs
Your sign is likely the first thing customers see. Energy-efficient signs make a positive first impression, ensuring your business stands out. The benefits of these signs include:
- Saving money: Because energy-efficient signs require less power, they last longer. Your power bill will also be lower. Businesses that use many signs, or that rely on heavily lit signage that’s on 24/7, stand to save the most. Energy Star offers a savings calculator here. You might even be able to get a tax break for switching to efficient signage.
- Investing in the future: Energy-efficient signs signal a clear investment in the future. By reducing your energy usage, you show your commitment to a safe, clean environment for the next generation. It may also be easier to comply with future environmental regulations.
- Appealing to energy-conscious consumers: Some consumers make buying decisions based on which company is most committed to an energy-efficient future. Energy-efficient signs make you a more appealing option for these customers. This offers a competitive edge.
- Attractive display: LED signs offer an attractive display that can be customized to your needs. Whether you seek bright colors and a dramatic effect or understated elegance, there’s an energy-efficient LED sign for you.
Drawbacks to Energy-Efficient Signs
As with any investment, you’ll need to budget for your investment in energy-efficient signs. If you already have signs, taking them down and disposing of them may require time and money. However, the price of energy-efficient signs is comparable to that of traditional signs. So if you’re already considering new signage, spending your money on a more efficient option can save money over time.
Types of Energy-Efficient Signs
LED signs are the most popular energy-efficient option. These lights are different because, unlike other bulbs, they emit light in only one direction. This causes them to produce less heat, and enables them to more efficiently use light.
Early versions of LED lights produced a softer, dimmer light. The most competitive energy-efficient sign companies now offer LED signs that are just as bright as traditional bulbs. The way the bulbs are engineered produces a crisper, cleaner light that’s less hazy. This makes it easier to read your sign, lending a contemporary, sleek feel to your messaging.
How to Choose an Energy-Efficient Sign Company
Before investing in signs, check local ordinances to ensure your sign complies with the law. Local sign companies are often familiar with local laws. An attorney can also help.
Then ask lots of questions. A reputable company will be excited to talk about its products, and eager to answer your questions. Some questions to ask include:
- What is the appropriate sign size? How visible will the sign be in various light settings? Do trees or other objects create a visibility barrier? How might the weather affect visibility?
- Is the sign guaranteed? What happens if it malfunctions or you’re unhappy with it? What about if local sign laws change?
Where is the sign made? If you want a product made in the USA, choose a company that offers only US-made products.
- Can I see a demonstration? You need to know how the product you plan to invest in looks. Don’t purchase signs without a demo.
- Can I talk to references?
- What is the specific cost? Is there an installation fee?
Ready to take the plunge and invest in energy-efficient LED signs? National Signs offers exceptional service and unparalleled quality. Contact us today!