When it comes to growing a business, people will often say that location is everything, but in reality, signage is just as important. Whether you’re in a popular, high-traffic area or a new, quiet part of town, customers will always be able to find your business when you have quality signs outside.
Consider channel letters to showcase your business name and logo if your company needs reliable, effective exterior signage. Learn when you should use channel letter signage and why it’s a popular sign choice for companies across the country.
What Are Channel Letter Signs?
Channel letters are customizable letter or name signs installed on your building to display your company name and logo. They can be made in any color, size, or shape to meet your specific branding needs, using various durable materials and styles for a greater visual impact.
They offer three-dimensional lettering that people see from any angle and are usually illuminated and visible 24/7. Channel signs are the ideal marketing tool because they promote your business name and brand at any time of day while also serving as a landmark or focal point for your business.
Channel letter signs are used by a wide range of industries, including:
- Retail centers
- Stadiums and arenas
- Performance venues
- Grocery stores
- Healthcare facilities
- Professional buildings and office parks
- Schools and colleges
These signs are popular because they clearly identify your business, require little to no maintenance, and function as effective branding tools, no matter what industry you’re in.
When Should You Use Channel Letter Signs?
Your business needs to be able to promote itself to a wide audience at all times of the day and stand out from your competition. It would be best if you also had a sign that is a cohesive part of your branding and style, with a font, style, and color that matches the rest of your business.
Channel letter signs allow your business to:
- Capture attention on busy streets and freeways – Your business needs clear and visible signs that can be seen up close or from a distance away, especially if you’re in high-traffic areas or near busy freeways. Channel letters are mounted on buildings and storefronts for maximum visibility and impact on everyone passing by your property.
- Incorporate custom designs and artwork – Channel letter signs are perfect for reflecting your specific artistic needs and goals. Custom signs are designed, manufactured, and installed to match your specific logo and style, whether it’s a recognizable national logo or a unique visual display.
- Stand out from the competition – Channel letter signs elevate your exterior signage in a lasting way that makes your business out from competing businesses. Instead of basic, plain storefront signs, your business will project a professional, bold image at all times, thanks to vibrant colors and eye-catching illumination.
- Have illuminated signs – If your business is open well into the evening, illuminated channel letters help potential or returning customers find your business much easier in the nighttime hours or during heavy rain or fog. Even when your business is closed, your business signs can be lit up at night to help create greater brand awareness for people passing by.
- Save money with cost-efficient signage – Illuminated channel letter signs are very cost-effective since they require less maintenance and fewer customer service calls compared to a LED or neon sign. Channel letters also use energy-efficient technology to reduce utility costs, and signs are made from durable and long-lasting aluminum and acrylic face panels, giving you many more years of service and functionality.
What is the Best Channel Letter Sign for Your Business?
Channel letters offer a wide variety of lighting and display options, whether you’re a new small business that needs to establish itself or a nationally-known business with instant brand recognition. Your outdoor signage should be part of a unified branding campaign, with the style, colors, size, and font matching the atmosphere inside your business.
There are many types of channel letters to choose from, depending on your specific sign needs and zoning limitations. Your business may opt for individually mounted channel letters on the side or front of your business or raceway mount channel letters, where letters are all attached to one secure mounting box containing wiring and secured to the building façade.
In addition, lighting options can have a dramatic effect on the visibility of your sign and its overall impact. Channel letters come in front-lit, back-lit, or halo-lit options to create a halo effect at night or combine the two for a greater visual effect.
National Signs is a Leading Channel Letter Signage Provider
To really impact your target audience, your business needs an outdoor sign that grabs attention while conveying who you are and what you offer. Channel letters are the ideal solution, and National Signs is a leading provider of top quality, professional, and American-made signage solutions for businesses of all sizes and industries.
View our gallery today to browse our wide selection of color, size, and display options for your channel letter signage needs.