If you own or operate a business, you know how much time and effort goes into attracting and growing your customer base. Digital marketing, television ads, and other initiatives can all help to expand a business’s reach. But don’t forget about your signage!
Brick-and-mortar businesses must give ample consideration to physical marketing through building signage. Attractive business signage is one of the most valuable tools companies can use to grow a customer base and inspire brand confidence.
Illuminated signs, in particular, have nearly unlimited potential for attracting customers and making an impactful impression – even from a distance. One of the top options for illuminated signage is custom channel letters.
Let’s explore the potential uses of lit signage letters in commercial properties to promote your business.
What are Lit Signage Letters?
Channel letters are one of the most popular styles of business signage due to their versatility and cost-efficiency. Channel letters, as the name would suggest, are 3-D letters that can be arranged to spell out the name of a business or other commercial location.
The letters that make up the sign are commonly constructed from highly durable materials like aluminum and acrylic, so they are rust-resistant and capable of withstanding a wide range of climates and weather events.
Channel letters can be mounted on a building in a number of different ways, depending on the specific needs of the business. The three most common channel letter mounting approaches are the following:
- Raceway Mounted: The letters are installed on a narrow box that contains any and all electrical components. The box is mounted to the building and painted to blend in with the facade.
- Backer Mounted: The letters are mounted to a cabinet or panel, which is used to hide any electrical components.
- Direct Mounted: The letters are individually mounted directly to the building’s exterior. In this case, electrical wiring and other components will need to be run through the wall to remain hidden.
How are Signage Letters Illuminated?
It’s a great idea to incorporate some form of illumination into your exterior signage because lit signage can significantly boost your business’s visibility. The actual lighting components for channel letters may vary based on your space, the electrical power required, and other considerations. It’s all about being energy-efficient and cost-effective!
As for the actual lighting elements, we typically recommend that our clients select face and reverse-lit channel letters. The light source for these letters will be located inside each letter, so the light is visible through the letter’s front face.
Best Uses for Lit Signage Letters
Lit channel letters are an extremely versatile signage option that many types of businesses can utilize. Illuminating your signage allows the letters to be viewed from a greater distance, especially during evening hours.
For this reason, lit sign letters may be an excellent signage option for businesses operating at night, such as bars, clubs, performance venues, emergency medical centers, etc. These businesses must utilize illuminated signage to ensure their information and location are easily visible after sundown to increase traffic to the property.
Similarly, illuminated channel letters are a great tool for businesses that may be difficult to see with the naked eye. For example, if your company is located near a busy highway, it’s advisable to invest in illuminated signage to attract commuters and other passers-by. These lit signage letters will also help to direct customers to your business location more easily.
What Kinds of Commercial Spaces Need Lit Signage Letters?
Just about every business can benefit from illuminated channel letter signage. However, some spaces are particularly well-served by this signage style:
- Police Stations
- School campuses
Lighted letters are extremely helpful in large commercial spaces where visitors need clear signage in order to determine whether they are in the right place.
As mentioned before, this signage style is also great for locations that need to be easily visible after dark. For example, hospitals and urgent care centers should use illuminated signage to help visitors find the proper building or entrance at their location.
Select Lit Signage Letters from National Signs
National Signs is a leading provider of digital signage solutions for businesses nationwide. Our team of award-winning designers and manufacturers have the experience and industry know-how to help you select the perfect signage style for your unique needs.
- We offer end-to-end project management support for our clients’ signage projects.
- We handle all fabrication, engineering, and installation in-house.
- Our team ensures that each client’s signs are safe, secure, and compliant with local ordinances and restrictions.
- Our trusted installation team will securely place each sign at your location.
We also provide ongoing maintenance for our signage products because we know how important it is for your business’s sign to remain in good working order during every season.
If that wasn’t enough, we also offer a 5-year guarantee on parts, labor, and signage. You can rest assured that if there’s ever an issue with your finished sign, we will be there to correct any problem.
– Check out our website to view a gallery of our past channel letter signage projects.
– Ready to partner with a trusted sign company to revamp your signage or create new electronic signs for your location? Reach out to the National Signs team today for a quote. Let us get to work on your lit signage letters project.